Monday 29 March 2010

Children were children.

In school, trying to get back into the swing of updating again.

Being constantly reminded that I have 2 months left in school and then I'm kicked out into the real world. I have no idea what world I have apparently been living in but apparently it is not the real world, I have been living in some deluded fantasy of childhood - apparently. I wish that was the case but it seems that my generation, some before me and all after, grow up to quick under the eyes of the media. We have to look pretty, we have to look cool, we accept the adult behaviour on the TV. I was looking for referneces of little girls for 'A girl like Frog' and noticed that all the clothes (3 months - 5 years) were minature versions of clothes that look like they should be for older teenagers just shrunk in the dryer. I accept that this is the way of the 21st century and I can not reminise in the past that I was not a part of, but one of my biggest desires to write 'A girl like Frog' is to go back to the stories when children were children, and the children didn't have to wear designer labels.

- magpieWORKS x

No comments:

Post a Comment